Manager, Product Design (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Product Design Engineering Manager at Oculus, you will take a critical role in bringing VR to our customers. You will lead engineering design teams and develop structures, mechanisms, and solutions for next-generation consumer virtual reality hardware. You will take the lead exploring and refining major elements of the consumer Rift through hands-on, iterative prototyping, while working with a team of diverse, top engineers. You will take a lead role mentoring other engineers and will be responsible for driving your product from early architecture through DVT, including interactions with industrial designers, manufacturing experts, optical and electrical engineers.
- We are looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their mechanical engineering expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways. Our ideal candidate has experience leading diverse teams, a strong mechanical background, excellent communication skills, strong 3D CAD capability, and experience in designing and manufacturing consumer technology products.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in the mechanical engineering of mass-produced consumer electronics
- 6+ years of experience in 3D modeling in Unigraphics NX, SolidWorks or ProEngineer
- 4+ years of experience managing large teams of design engineers
- Expertise in mechanical fundamentals
- Strong background in designing parts and assemblies adhering to strict cosmetic requirements
- Experience designing stamped, CNC, MIM and plastic injection molded parts
- Strong background driving China-based vendors remotely and in-person
- Experience with optical systems, mechanism design, or design analysis (FEA) a plus
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese language skills a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top