Manager, Product Design - Design Tools
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's Design Tools team is looking for a Product Design Manager to help lead the team. The Design Tools team builds infrastructure and tools to help Facebook ship world class product design to the billions of people using our products every day. Our tools are the best in the industry and include publicly available products like Origami Studio as well as many internal tools that are only available internally.
You would be a good fit for the team if these things are true about you: You have a technical background and have experience building the things you've designed. You are interested in and keep up with design tools and design systems community/space. You have coached and mentored designers to help advance their careers. You have experience creating and improving processes to build high functioning teams.
- Manage and coach designers of all levels to achieve career goals & growth
- Recruit and hire new designers to build a diverse team
- Collaborate on planning and strategy with other leads and designers on the Design Tools team
- Connect, build relationships, and work with leads across Facebook to understand needs and inform roadmap
- Work with Design Program Managers, Technical Program Managers, and Product Managers to build and scale processes and programs that support team goals
- Represent Design Tools to the company in cross-functional meetings and all-hands presentations
- Travel between Menlo Park and New York City office regularly (ideally every 6-8 weeks)
- 3+ years of industry experience in a people management role on a Design team
- 5+ years of design experience
- Visual and interaction experience and experience shaping product strategy
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development across devices
- Experience leading product strategy
- Experience communicating with data to drive change
- Experience understanding prototyping tools such as Framer, Invision, Origami, or Figma
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top