Manager, Product Design
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers. Candidates must have strong mentoring and communication skills. The role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design. Candidates must have strong visual and interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy. Candidates that can build their own designs are preferable.
- Manage and develop a team of designers. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Collaborate with teams in other offices.
- 2+ years of experience in application design
- 2+ years of experience in visual design
- 2+ years of experience in interaction design
- Experience in product strategy and vision
- Experience designing and building applications
- A portfolio featuring interaction and visual design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- Experience designing for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
Back to top