Manager, Product Data Operations (AR/VR Operations)
- Sunnyvale, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's AR/VR division is developing future products in augmented reality and virtual reality. Our work in conversational AI, computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, machine learning & reasoning will enable and empower consumers and businesses in new ways.
As a leader in the Product Data Operations (PDO) organization, we focus on training and refining the efficacy of machine learning algorithms across our family of apps and products. As a Manager supporting the development of Facebook's Assistant, you are responsible for managing a team of Product Data Operations Project Managers who partner with Facebook product, engineering, data science, and vendors teams to improve product features for AR/VR experiences on Facebook hardware devices (e.g. Portal, Oculus, future products).
Specifically, this role will lead a team that partners with linguists and engineers to build technologies that intelligently understand the user's context and make decisions that power Assistant experiences - what actions to take, what items to suggest and how to interact across all components in the assistant product, such as Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) / Text-to-Speech (TTS), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Natural Language Graph (NLG), Dialog, Reasoning, and the Knowledge Graph. You will be required to showcase excellent leadership, problem solving, and communication skills across a highly cross-functional stakeholder base.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how Facebook develops AI in our products.
- Define vision, set and communicate team and individual goals, strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve medium and long-term goals.
- Create structure for your team to solve ambiguous business problems and partner with cross-functional teams to manage a portfolio of projects, and its underlying budget, to deliver against shared product outcomes.
- Leverage operational and AR/VR subject matter expertise to act as a thought leader across a wide range of stakeholders including, but not limited to, Product, Engineering, Policy, Legal, Privacy, Partnerships, Communications and Global Operations.
- Shape actionable recommendations about complex issues critically and concisely.
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across stakeholders as needed to ensure the right resourcing, execution and communications are in place to deliver meaningful results.
- Provide motivational leadership to your team of Project Managers and enhance a strong team culture of trust and commitment to impact.
- 5+ years of direct people management experience in a complex, fast-moving project/program-based environment.
- 10+ years of experience working in tech, operations or strategy.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience supporting AI Assistant products and programs.
- Experience in the machine learning space and knowledge of Speech ML and linguistics.
- Experience in building datasets for ML applications.
Back to top