Manager, Privacy Engineering
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Privacy Engineering organization ensures that Facebook is doing everything technically possible to protect people's data while building great products.
This team of mission-minded engineers is expert in the landscape of privacy risks and passionate about consulting across the company on implementing the proper safeguards and technical mitigations to ensure that our users' privacy is honored across the Facebook family of apps.
The Manager of Privacy Engineering (Technical Audit) will help lead the Privacy Engineering organization in following through on a multi-year privacy-first roadmap and help define what comes next in Privacy. He or she will act as the technical voice in all privacy decisions and discussions across the company.
- Recruit, hire and mentor privacy engineers, of various levels of experience, into a high-performing team.
- Play a key role in driving code and architecture reviews as well as large cross-company privacy reviews of products and features.
- Work closely with Security and Privacy leaders to help define goals that are properly aligned to company-wide goals.
- Define and articulate a clear vision for privacy, and influence leaders across all of Facebook to adopt a balanced view of product and privacy goals in overall decision-making.
- Provide leadership in developing and delivering innovative solutions to help enforce privacy practices with consistency and efficiency, at scale.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product and Legal.
- 5+ years of work experience in software engineering, privacy engineering or security engineering, including 3+ years of hands-on management of high-performing team of engineers and/or engineering managers.
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Experience communicating highly technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- BS in Computer Science or technical field of study, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience running operational teams.
- Experience collaborating with compliance and policy teams, government entities, external privacy-focused community members and members of the press.
Back to top