Manager, Performance and Capacity Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join the Capacity Engineering & Analysis team (CEA) to lead site-wide performance and capacity projects. This person would be required to work cross-functionally with a number of teams to ensure optimal operation and growth of our computing resources from both a cost and technology perspective. Help build one of the largest Internet services in the world with tens of billions of user requests, tens of exabytes of data, thousands of giga bps of network flow! This position is full-time and based at our Menlo Park, CA. office.
- Lead a team of engineers committed to manage and scale the largest web capacity in the world.
- Be both technically hands-on and people manager
- Work with Product Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, and Data Engineering teams to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Define and deliver on project roadmap to automate optimal capacity planning and management.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Develop tools to monitor services that support billions of user requests: Write monitoring, reporting, data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests and analysis.
- Work with financial analysts, operations and engineering to perform cutting-edge technologies investigation and cost analysis.
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, application operations and engineering teams to discover resolutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field.
- Experience in performance engineering or capacity engineering.
- Database experience.
- Analytical, budgeting and planning skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top