Manager, Performance and Capacity Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join the Capacity Engineering & Analysis team (CEA) to lead site-wide performance and capacity projects. This person would be required to work cross-functionally with a number of teams to ensure optimal operation and growth of our computing resources from both a cost and technology perspective. Tens of billions of user requests, hundreds of petabytes of data, thousands of giga bps of network flow, help build one of the largest Internet services in the world! This position is full-time and based at our Menlo Park, CA. office.
- Lead a team of world-class engineers committed to building tools to manage and scale the largest web capacity in the world.
- Be both a technical hands-on coder and people manager
- Work with Product Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, and Data Engineering teams to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Define and deliver on project roadmap to automate optimal capacity planning and management.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Own end-to-end product design, launch, and operation: Support architecture design, define networking requirement, and help code build from scratch to support new product launch.
- Develop tools to monitor billions of user requests: Write monitoring, reporting, data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests and analysis.
- Work with financial analysts, operations and engineering to perform cutting-edge technologies investigation and cost analysis.
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, application operations and engineering teams to discover resolutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field.
- Experience in performance engineering or capacity engineering.
- Experience in coding & scripting languages such as C, C++, C #, Java, PHP, Python or Perl.
- Database experience.
- Analytical, budgeting and planning skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field.
- Experience in MySQL.
- Experience with Hadoop.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top