Manager, Partner Engineering - Facebook Media Partnerships, Entertainment
(Los Angeles, CA - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for leaders who excel as mentors and as individual contributors. There's too much awesome technology happening to not be hands-on and leading by example. Helping mentor the team so they reach their full potential, while having fun, is a must. Partner Engineering is a highly technical team that works with our strategic partners to integrate Facebook Platform into their Web sites, applications, and devices. In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential companies and work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical and business skills to make our partners successful and improve the Facebook and Instagram Platforms. This position is based in our Los Angeles office.
- Deeply understand Facebook Platform and underlying implementation.
- Drive the execution of major Platform initiatives with partners and developers.
- Grow & mentor a partner engineering team to unlock their full potential.
- Plan the team's mission as new products are introduced.
- Drive company and industry wide impact for Facebook and our Partners.
- Help our partners implement existing or pre-release aspects of Facebook Platform within their products by teaching, consulting, and providing code examples.
- Drive partner bugs, requirements and feature requests with Product and Engineering.
- Manage the relationship with the partner's technical team.
- Write whitepapers, samples, and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community.
- Previous experience (12+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer.
- Experience managing global teams of engineers and business people.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (PM, ENG, Sales, Biz Dev, Ops).
- Communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- Software development skills with experience building software.
- Development experience in (at least one) Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment.
- Ability to travel ~20% of time.
- Background in the Entertainment, Video, and/or Broadcast Industries.
- Knowledge in English and presentation skills
- Understanding of consumer products on the web, media experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top