Manager, Operations Program Management - Network Deployment and Support
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
This is a people manager opportunity within the Infrastructure Services and Operational Support (ISOS) team, Edge and Network Services Support. The ISOS team consists of Program Managers who design, implement and continuously evolve the existing Operational Practices of Facebook's data centers and networks. This team builds processes and tools to allow Facebook to scale. This role will include direct management of a team of program managers who oversee execution tasks of various asset lifecycle activities within the data center and network spaces from provisioning to decommissioning. This position will be located in Menlo Park, CA with national and international travel required.
- Work with your team to align tactical programs to large strategic objectives and big bets and ensure they understand the big picture and goals.
- Empower your team to work with the various engineering teams in a matrix organization to design and develop scalable solutions that meet the goals and objectives of our data center operations teams.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with various stakeholders and teams.
- Responsible for people management of a team of 5-6, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Focus on growing and building a strong, productive, and satisfied team.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Empower your team to define and document the end-to-end business processes currently used and identify where and how tooling solutions will aid with streamlining and scaling the process–optimization is key.
- Manage the resource allocation and team optimization for effective service delivery.
- Manage expectations of all interested parties: define clear program roadmaps with key deliverables and milestone dates, maintain program status wiki pages, provide frequent program updates, and identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
- Must have experience managing day to day technical operation activities of a team in a network-centric environment
- 10+ years managing a team of employees. Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- 5+ years of work experience in Program Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization, within other geographies, and be involved with hands-on executional work.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into implementation plans
- Master's degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
- Associate level network certifications (CCNA or JNCIA)
- International network deployment experience
- Experience in submarine cable projects
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into network design and capacity plans
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- PMP Certification (PMI)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top