Manager of Development, Media Partnerships
(Los Angeles, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a deeply experienced Head of Development for Media Partnerships. The goal of this role is to work with creators, studios and media companies around the world to develop and produce video programming that is well-suited for new and emerging consumption patterns and mobile and social viewing experiences. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of programming strategy development, longstanding and solid entertainment industry relationships preferably across scripted and unscripted genres, creative leadership roles, and a deep understanding of the media and entertainment ecosystem.
- Be a hands-on creative producer of projects as they develop
- Navigate internal stakeholders to shepherd projects through development and launch
- Weigh in on acquisition of relevant licensed content
- Serve as a conduit between Facebook and executives/talent across the entertainment industry
- Use data and insights to influence the entertainment development flow and analyze its impact on the Facebook platform
- BA or BS Degree
- 10+ years in the entertainment industry
- Understanding of Facebook products and social media
- Communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize issues
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of the entertainment world
- Relationships with agents, managers, producers, studios, and production companies
- Understanding of Facebook’s strategic and competitive position as well as the relevant broader markets
- Collaboration and relationship-building skills and ability to develop working relationships
- Experience with managing financial analysis and budget forecasts
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top