Manager of Alternative Transportation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Manager of Alternative Transportation has the overall responsibility of ensuring our alternative commute transportation programs are meeting the overarching goal of reducing single vehicle auto trips (SOV) to the Menlo Park campus, meeting/exceeding the expectations of our users.The Manager of Alternative Transportation position is a leadership role. Responsibilities include managing and leading staff, managing multiple vendors ensuring they are contractually compliant, budget development, compliance and financial management. This is also strategic role. The incumbent must be self-directed, have a customer-friendly manner, work in a team environment, have the ability to provide strong leadership, communicating and delegating as appropriate.
- Overall operational responsibility for Facebook's Valet, Campus Bike and Alternative Transportation incentive programs
- Identify, develop, implement and manage other alternative transportation programs that will reduce Facebook's SOV ratio in Menlo Park
- Manage and effectively communicate to FB staff and vendor Program/Project Managers
- Based on a number of factors make adjustments to service programs that improves efficiency and effectiveness all the while providing a high level of customer service
- Responsible for preparing and managing operational budgets having final approval on invoices
- Oversee, investigate and respond to customer service inquiries, suggestions, complaints in a prompt and responsive and professional manner
- Responsible for scaling the service programs to keep pace with company growth
- 7+ years of work experience with extensive background in public or private alternative transportation demand management (TDM).
- Experience in developing, delivering and managing alternative transportation programs.
- Leadership skills, experience in Organization development and leading a diverse workforce.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service.
- Demonstrated career progression in previous roles
- Communication skills, ability to present in a formal setting.
- Strategic overview of business and demonstrated ability to work across functional lines.
- Ability to analyze financial and operational results and develop process controls to support.
- Budget and vendor management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top