Manager, New Product Support, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms.
The Support Incubator team within CO pilots support for new products. This team is critical to ensuring new products are successful and not misused by bad actors. The team partners closely with product and focuses on ideating, testing and implementing process improvements that enable us to prevent bad experiences by efficiently reviewing these products at scale. If you like helping people, and coming up with creative solutions, Community Operations is for you.
We are seeking a resilient self-starter who is eager to learn, collaborative and a proven team leader and influencer. We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative individual who is comfortable operating in ambiguity - a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. You will work directly with our cross-functional team (engineering, product, etc.), as well as all of the teams within Community Operations, to execute global projects from inception to launch.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of project managers
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Utilize strategic tools, systems, and data to help the team analyze trends and deliver insights to define goals and improve processes
- Suggest recommendations and influence team strategy through use of effective communication
- Coordinate with global cross-functional teams including PR/Communications, Public Policy, Legal, Quality and others to problem solve and develop solutions
- Advocate for the community support aspect of new products, partnering with global and cross-functional teams to develop global solutions
- 4+ years of experience working in operations, domains such as online operations, informational systems, compliance, risk management, policy, legal operations or management consulting
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (such as SQL, Excel, R, Tableau, or Stata)
- Experience with complex product development and release cycles
Back to top