Manager Network Hardware
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As the Manager, Network Hardware Sourcing, you will manage a team of network hardware sourcing professionals and will serve as the primary partner for Facebook Network Engineering to deliver best in class network pricing, quality, optimal flexibility, and unmatched delivery and availability performance. As the leader of this business, you will be responsible for the end-to-end ecosystem of sourcing, procurement and supply chain in the network infrastructure. Your primary internal partners will be the Facebook Network Engineering, Financial Planning and Analysis, Legal, Tax, Technical Program Management, Network Provisioning and Network Operations.This position requires a foundational understanding of networking technologies, network architectures, market pricing and innovations trends. This position reports to the Director of Network Hardware Sourcing and is based in our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- People Management: Coach, mentor, develop and performance manage a team of Network Hardware Sourcing (Commercial and Technical)
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Inspire team to formulate comprehensive negotiation strategies to secure required network performance with best in class pricing and industry leading contractual terms and conditions. Develop negotiations approach, must/want and concession positions, and acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- RF-x Services: Ensure team is leveraging traditional sourcing project mechanisms and tools such as RFI, RFP and RFQs.
- SLA Performance: Ensure that Facebook is obtaining the expected experience from all vendor engagements by instituting supplier quantitative measurement criteria and improving supplier actual performance against negotiated SLAs.
- Cost Modeling: Establish ecosystem where by your team provides industry, actual unit and service cost data which feeds into least total landed cost models and the RF-X process. Ensure the team implements and leverages "should cost" models for products and services. Drive continual improvement of productivity and develop/implement transformational cost containment and expense reduction strategies to deliver ground breaking network cost efficiencies.
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Oversee efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Technology Roadmap: Partner with Facebook Network & Hardware Engineering to manage suppliers and review network supplier's technology and services roadmaps and develop the business and technology roadmap for the Facebook Production and Corporate Networks.
- Preferred supplier management: Identify, qualify, and formalize a Facebook preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Ongoing cost productivity: Measure, report and action cost improvement as a function of market pricing and supplier productivity gains.
- Scorecard Management: Lead the team in measuring supplier performance, root causing issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Supply continuity: Ensure outsourced suppliers have plans for assurance of supply in alignment with the needs of the business. Specifically ensuring that the appropriate level of risk mitigation is applied to guarantee flawless execution.
- Actively engage and collaborate with the open source partner team on OCP network projects. Helping facilitate the development of network hardware and software that provides options between traditional closed and proprietary network hardware and fully open network technology stack.
- Global Supply chain strategy development and implementation across all markets in which FB plans to expand its footprint
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field
- Minimum of ten years of network equipment sourcing and negotiation, including experience in network hardware product life cycle (product development and NPI through EOL), negotiation of network equipment costs, developing and implementing cost models, and supplier management, in the capacity of both commercials relationship and operational performance management
- Minimum of seven years of progressively increasing management experience including demonstrated leadership in growing and developing a team, leading supplier performance improvement, creating a vision and following through with strategy and execution in the networking technology space.
- A working knowledge of Network Hardware technologies (routing, switching and optical transport).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top