Manager, Mixed Methods
- Austin, TX
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 2 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset - our people.
Our People Analytics team generates strategic, data-driven recommendations that help us better attract, develop, motivate, and retain top talent. We're looking for a manager with excellent research, communication, collaboration, and people management skills to lead a team that focuses on research and innovation of people practices for our Tech employees. This role will serve as an active partner with HR and business leaders to help develop and refine people processes (e.g., performance management) to make an exceptional workplace even better. They will also be responsible for drawing connections with other areas such as engagement, diversity, onboarding, and retention.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record of advocating for evidence-based practices within an organization and developing trusted relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Grow, manage, and develop a team of researchers leading quantitative and qualitative research
- Build relationships with teams, stakeholders, and partners in different parts of the organization
- Communicate with stakeholders and other internal teams to understand business problems and develop and deliver data-driven solutions
- Prioritize short and long term needs in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- MS in a field emphasizing applied people research in organizations (e.g., social psychology, organizational behavior, human-computer interaction, anthropology, or other relevant discipline)
- 8+ years experience in conducting research, including translating quantitative and qualitative research findings and implications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven collaboration with cross-functional partners to drive strategy and direction
- People management experience, including attracting, developing, and retaining researchers
- Familiarity with design thinking, UX research, and/or behavioral science
- Experience managing team members from different disciplines and in different locations
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top