Manager, Marketing Decision Science (AR/VR)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our AR/VR organization brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and platform. We plan to release multiple products over the next few years. In particular, we are building technologies or seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of bringing the world closer together.
We're seeking a leader for AR/VR (Oculus) Marketing Decision Science, who demonstrates remarkable ability to harness and translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans and develop strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing and products teams. This role will also help develop the Facebook AR/VR and hardware brands, improve product market fit, execute go-to-market plan, optimize marketing to drive conversion of product funnel and ultimately create more values for consumers. The ideal candidate will also have a strong stakeholder management and leadership track record, proven hands-on experience in data manipulation, a passion for data, media and technology - with a hunger to make significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for technology and Facebook is a must.
- Partner with marketing, research and product organizations to build AR/VR brands, uncover opportunities, improve product market fit, execute go-to-market plan, optimize and improve Marketing to achieve business objectives.
- Define user problems, goals and metrics to ensure we have line-of-sight to success.
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations, core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level, but will also include new product development and definition.
- Develop hypothesis and comprehensive test and measurement plan, design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness.
- Partner with Engineers to define data and tracking requirements for new products and marketing channels.
- Drive the development of quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making analysis areas might include (but not limited to): retention, lifetime value, messaging, promotions, perceptions, usage and engagement.
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes.
- Hire and develop a team of data/decision scientists.
- 10+ years overall Analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience leading analytics or data science teams
- Proven experience in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing roadmaps
- Statistical and data analysis/modeling experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.)
- Direct experience working with large data-sets
- Experience using SAS, R or similar statistical packages
- Experience with Python, Hadoop/Hive, & SQL
- Communication and presentation experience with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Experience presenting both technical product language and brand/product marketing language
- Knowledge with survey research methods and considerations
- Doctorate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field.
- MBA or Management consulting experience.
Back to top