Manager, Internal Risk Mitigation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Processes and Tools team is responsible for driving productivity gains and decreasing risk through process improvements for the Global Marketing Solutions organization. Weâ€™re obsessed with finding the most efficient ways to perform tasks while also protecting our business from risk. Itâ€™s our job to make the lives of the Sales and Marketing teams easier by both streamlining their workflows and closing potential gaps in our processes and tools.
Weâ€™re seeking an experienced leader to own our internal risk mitigation strategy across GMS. In this role, you'll manage the responsibilities of a global team, ensuring that we build an understanding of vulnerabilities across the GMS org and provide direction and mentorship to a motivated, high-performing team. We are seeking a leader who loves investigating problems, identifying root causes, and rallying people to drive change across a global organization. Youâ€™ll have the opportunity to help define our global approach to making sure that every person in GMS has the right level of access to tools and data to do their job, while protecting against inappropriate access to sensitive data and actions. Youâ€™ll work with cross-functional partners across many different teams in the GMS org and across Facebook (e.g. Information Security, Internal Audit, IT) to help balance efforts to minimize risk with enabling our sales teams.
Weâ€™re looking for candidates who are strong people managers, enjoy solving complex problems through technical and analytical excellence, synthesizing disparate pieces of information into concrete recommendations, and driving projects across multiple streams of work. They will have led teams and demonstrated a sustained ability to hire and develop talent. They work well in high-pressure situations, are comfortable with both tools/systems and policy, and have excellent cross-functional and communication skills. The ideal candidate is passionate about risk mitigation and change management, has a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo and a strong desire for constant innovation.
- Define and own the internal risk mitigation strategy across GMS
- Shape global team vision and goals and work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Minimize risk for the org by understanding global and local challenges and needs, build scalable solutions to address business and risk related pain-points and identify automation opportunities
- Guide team of project managers to develop recommendations for moving to the ideal end-state process for risk management and present proposals to key stakeholders and leaders for buy-in
- Identify and recommend improvements to policies, processes, systems, and products that mitigate risk to the company
- Follow and track key business initiatives with a risk-based lens and identify key risks along with root cause, impact and probability
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across Facebook to identify opportunities for future risk management projects
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the global team
- Conduct urgent, time-sensitive investigations of risk issues to determine root cause and recommend corrective action, requiring an end-to-end understanding of all systems, processes, and policies
- 10+ years of experience in roles similar to online operations, compliance, risk management, or management consulting
- Experience leading and developing global teams
- Experience shaping strategy and executing against that strategy, with prioritization of people and resources
- Experience making business decisions
- Experience driving cross-functional projects to completion
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing business insights and recommendations from multiple input sources (e.g. data sets, interview feedback, process flow documents, etc.)
- Experience presenting organizational content to audiences
- Experience executing a project plan
- Experience in change management techniques
- BS/MS degree
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Able to foresee implications of different courses of actions when making decisions and mitigate against any potential risks
- Ability to prioritize for impact across many competing priorities
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and bringing order to chaos
- Relationship management skills
Back to top