Manager, Intercompany Accounting
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Intercompany Accounting. In this role, the Intercompany Accounting manager will own everything related to our global intercompany accounting processes including understanding our legal entity structure, collaborating with tax and treasury teams on capital funding, working with regional accounting teams to ensure intercompany entries are properly recorded, working closely with BizApps (IT) to enhance systems and processes, and execute the monthly intercompany eliminations process. The individual must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. They will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing their functions. The candidate is expected to have a strong business acumen coupled with a technical accounting background and strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow across multiple teams within Finance and IT (BizApps). This full-time position is located in Menlo Park, CA and may involve limited travel to our regional accounting offices.
- Full responsibility of the AGIS (intercompany) module within Oracle including managing access and governance over system setups
- Collaborate with Tax and Treasury teams on various intercompany transactions including capital funding, loan arrangements, IP transfers, etc.
- Develop systems and processes that reduce risk of intercompany out-of-balances, provide process efficiencies, and standardize global processes for intercompany transactions
- Provide guidance to regional accounting teams on how to best record, reconcile and report on intercompany transactions
- Execute the intercompany eliminations process during month-end close and investigate/resolve any issues
- Other duties may include assisting with month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Fulfill internal and external audit requests
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- Experience implementing and improving business processes and systems
- Public accounting experience
Back to top