Manager, Infrastructure Security, Novi
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Novi is building a hub of financial services, products and solutions that connect everyone, everywhere, creating greater opportunity for all. Its technical foundation is the open-sourced Diem blockchain network. Diem's mission is to create a simple, borderless global currency and financial ecosystem that empowers billions of people. Novi Research is the research arm of Novi, and is of great importance due to the cutting-edge nature of the technical challenges and Novi's openness to scrutiny.
Facebook's Novi Security team is seeking a passionate and experienced leader to build out and enable the team responsible for securing Novi infrastructure and data within Facebook. This role provides the foundation for the security of Novi products and the financial information of potentially billions of people. The ideal candidate has broad experience developing technical visions and roadmaps for a wide variety of infrastructure areas and is adept in both setting direction and guidance for their team, as well as building the necessary partnerships across the organization to ship solutions to complex problems.
- Define and drive execution of vision and technical strategy of Novi's infrastructure security
- Build and develop a high performing team in a fast and continuously changing environment
- Enable a team of security engineers to engage with multiple infrastructure partners in discovering and addressing infrastructure security problems that affect Novi services
- Influence cross-functional partners and roadmaps to continuously tighten the security posture of Novi and overall Facebook infrastructure
- Support geographically distributed engineering and security teams
- Assess and present infrastructure security risk, solutions and tradeoffs to Novi leadership that enables risk-based decision making
- 10+ years of work experience in infrastructure or security engineering, including 3+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of engineers
- Proven experience in shaping technical strategies for complex problems and executing against them
- Proven experience building productive relationships with partners and leadership
- Breadth of technical experience across various infrastructure and security areas and running in large production environments
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience recruiting and managing geographically distributed technical teams, including performance management
- Experience distilling complex technical information and conveying to different types of audiences that enables decisioning
- Demonstrated experience for solving complex, systemic issues that require creative thinking and solutions
- FinTech industry experience
- Blockchain infrastructure and crypto currency experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top