Manager, Hardware Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
This Manager of Hardware Engineering will be passionate about identifying, developing and delivering the next generation disruptive infrastructure technologies. This is an intellectually complex and operationally challenging role that will afford the opportunity to lead the way the technology industry deploys hardware infrastructure at scale!
The individual in this role will work with his/her peers to set the vision for high tech infrastructure but also ensure a successful deployment of these technologies. This individual must have proven cross-functional leadership and communication skills and be adept at getting new technologies launched at scale via collaborative team work with the respective groups at Facebook.
Given the magnitude, complexity and impact of Facebook, the individual in this role must be an exceptional leader with strong leadership skills, solid business acumen, superior technical aptitude and an intrinsic ambition for and skill at building & growing an industry leading organization that consistently delivers world-class infrastructure.
This candidate must have proven track record in working with ODM & CM partners in the design, manufacture, testing and delivery of next generation hardware solutions.
The engineering lifecycle at Facebook includes new technology development, new product qualification, launch, ramp, sustaining and product end-of-life activities. This team also has shared responsibility for all engineering services spanning these hardware products; DFx reviews, product qualification, assurance of line and factory capacity, product test engineering, compliance, end-to-end PLM/Agile/ECO activities, field and in process quality and yield, failure analysis and all transformational process improvements. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Provide Hardware design services to teams across Facebook, including but not limited to Device/Connectivity labs, Open Telco, OCP, TIP or equivalent.
- Work closely with supply chain, manufacturing, and validation teams to ensure that we work as one group to develop these hardware solutions.
- Partner closely with industry partners to ensure that we achieve good leverage with our supply base and highly reliable products meet Facebook standards.
- Work closely with DC Operations, Technical Program Management, SOE (Supply Chain) Operations and Facebook Labs and our CM and ODM design/manufacturing partners to ensure all products under development are delivered on time, on budget, with reliability at scale.
- Partner with field teams to continuously improve the field quality and scalability of deployed infrastructure.
- Understand applications, capacity, business and site operations in order to develop technologies that support Facebook products at scale.
- Recruit, develop and retain a world-class team of top engineers who are recognized subject matter experts and have experience in web scale infrastructure.
- Build, manage, mentor and inspire our hardware engineering organization.
- BS degree in an engineering or technical domain or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years of engineering management experience in a technology environment.
- Experience with outsourced manufacturing operations globally.
- Experience with NPI launches, product ramp, sustaining support and end-of-life cycle for computer hardware products.
- Experience with manufacturing and/or precision fabrication processes, component and systems engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in advanced technology management as a people leader.
- Experience in leading timeline, multi-partner initiatives.
- Organizational communication and coordination experience along with multi-tasking capabilities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top