Manager, FRL Product Operations
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As the Manager, AR/VR Product Operations, you will be the single-threaded leader for a portfolio of products within the Operations organization. You will have responsibility to manage products from initial concept to mass production, leading a direct team of Operations Program Managers and Product Cost Engineers and a large indirect team from all functions in Operations and our supply base. Your focus will be on enhancing our ability to bring the best products to market by managing key aspects of product launches, including delivery commitments, product quality and cost. You will partner closely with Research, Hardware Engineering, Product Management, Industrial Design and Finance to influence the product roadmap, define our products, build prototypes, manage the overall success of the product portfolio and bring an operational mindset to product development.
Ideal candidates are those with experience in bringing products from early concept stages through design, development, validation, and mass production. Candidates must have a strong technical understanding of their products and have experience influencing key design and architectural decisions in order to meet aggressive portfolio goals and Operations KPIs. Candidates must have good interpersonal and communication skills along with a comprehensive understanding of cross-functional interconnectedness and deliverables to enable the realization of complex consumer-electronics products. Candidates must have keen focus on driving business results, ability to work in ambiguous/less defined environments, and a strong willingness to collaborate and optimize overall business objectives.
- Lead Operations' teams in developing and launching new programs, leveraging the Product Development Process (PDP) and Phase Gate Reviews.
- Partner with Product Management through Product Discovery and Concept phases to establish Product Requirements, key performance indicators, program schedules and cost targets.
- Actively participate in new technology development and hardware design discussions in order to steer solutions that align with market fit/expectations while hitting program targets.
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product safety compliance and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Own the costs of our products, including bill-of-material, capital and manufacturing costs. Set cost targets and manage risks and opportunities with engineering, operations and finance teams.
- Partner with our sourcing teams to strategize our devices' supply chain, establish the Supplier Plan of Records and manage the health of our BOMs to ensure material availability in support of launch.
- Work closely with Technical and Factory Operations and to drive supplier capacity plans and line readiness.
- Define and own production ramp plans and inventory commitments to ensure successful product launches, collaborating with demand and supply planning, product marketing, sales, and logistics teams.
- Hire, develop and lead a high-performing team.
- Champion cross-departmental initiatives to help our business scale.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in NPI, manufacturing and supply chain for consumer products.
- 3+ years experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and complex systems.
- Masters degree, MBA or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience in NPI, manufacturing and supply chain for consumer products.
- 5+ years experience leading and managing a team.
Back to top