Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The EE Platforms Infrastructure teams interact with a broad array of internal business, product and FB partners to deliver a common, scalable and secure mix of infrastructure and services. Managing a Platforms Infrastructure team requires a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of technologies, a focus on growing and developing the skills and talents of your team, and a relentless drive to focus on high-value projects and to prioritize ruthlessly.
- Manage a team of engineers working with various infrastructure service's including compute infrastructure, deployment, observability, cluster scheduling, OS management, security, etc.
- Understand technical architectures, capacity plans, tooling needs, automation plans, product launch plans, and other issues and create comprehensive plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges
- Partner with network engineering, capacity, security and product teams to plan and execute against a broad array of business and product needs
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and onboarding new employees
- Balance the need to "keep things running" with allocating time to long-term, high-impact projects
- Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of work experience in the field of Information Technology
- 4+ years management experience in a technology company
- Experience with hiring and performance management
- Knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience coding in at least one language (even if it is not one that Facebook uses)
- Experience learning new software languages, frameworks and APIs
- Experience performing 'guerrilla capacity planning' for internet service architectures
- Experience with Apache, Memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- Experience with multi-stack/OS cloud services, cluster scheduling and/or micro-service architectures
Back to top