Manager, Electrical Engineering (Oculus)
As an Electrical Engineering Manager at Facebook Reality Labs(FRL), you will lead a team, as well as contribute to the design and architecture of human-computer interaction hardware.
This role will focus on guiding career growth; establishing and tracking goals; priorities and resources across a portfolio of short- mid- and long-term projects.
You will lead a team in architecting, designing, and prototyping electrical systems for future consumer virtual and augmented reality experiences. You will become part of an interdisciplinary project team exploring new concepts for human-computer user interaction.
The design challenges will span domains including electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, psychophysics, interaction, and materials science. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Lead and collaborate in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Design and prototyping of electrical systems for AR/VR.
- Design, simulate, and test digital/analog circuits.
- Build schematics, complete board layouts, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a team lead or management role
- 5+ years of experience in digital/analog electrical system design
- BS degree or above in Electrical Engineering
- Expert in at least one, and competent in a majority of:
- FPGA or ASIC design
- Microcontroller system design
- High-speed communication
- Mixed digital/analog design
- Analog design
- Sensor design
- Mechatronic system design
- Optical system design
- Consumer electronics development
- Competent in:
- Mechanical Engineering fundamentals
- At least one programming language
- Prototype fabrication/hacking/making
Back to top