Manager, Electrical Engineering
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Electrical Engineering Manager in AR/VR, you will lead a team in the design and execution of VR devices.
This role will focus on guiding career growth; establishing and tracking goals; priorities and resources across a portfolio of short- mid- and long-term projects. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype and then into a consumer product.
- Bring a product from prototype to production.
- Champion of engineering rigor in phase gate development. Create specs and KPIs and deliver to these requirements.
- Work with cross-functional engineering managers and architects on hardware and software integration.
- Partner closely with Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design.
- Grow team and careers of individual contributors through weekly and formal coaching and feedback.
- Travel requirements: 10%.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge in Consumer Electronics with experience shipping multiple consumer products.
- Experience in gaming controller and/or input devices.
- 10+ years of direct experience in electrical design.
- Experience working with offshore partners.
- Communication experience, with experience working with Product Design engineers and other hardware/software cross-functional functions.
- Experience with haptics, touch, RF, batteries.
Back to top