Manager, Electrical Engineering
As an Electrical Engineering Manager in AR/VR, you will lead a team in the design and execution of VR devices.
This role will focus on guiding career growth; establishing and tracking goals; priorities and resources across a portfolio of short- mid- and long-term projects.
We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype and then into a consumer product.
MANAGER, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bring a product from prototype to production.
- Champion of engineering rigor in phase gate development. Create specs and KPIs and deliver to these requirements.
- Work with cross-functional engineering managers and architects on hardware and software integration.
- Partner closely with Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design.
- Grow team and careers of individual contributors through weekly and formal coaching and feedback.
- Travel requirements: 10%.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge in Consumer Electronics with experience shipping multiple consumer products.
- Experience in gaming controller and/or input devices.
- 10+ years of direct experience in electrical design.
- Experience working with offshore partners.
- Communication experience, with experience working with Product Design engineers and other hardware/software cross-functional functions.
- Experience with haptics, touch, RF, batteries.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Director of Engineering, VR Platform
Los Angeles, CA + 1 More
- Director, Computational Photography
- Industrial Design Intern, AR/VR
- Product Design Intern, AR
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Technical Program Manager, Shell
- VR Systems Engineer, Full Stack - Experiences
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top