Manager, Display Engineering (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is looking for a very experienced and self-motivated Display Engineering Manager, responsible for leading the team driving the investigation, development, qualification and implementation of display technologies for VR hardware products. You will lead a group of display experts working on display components, module and system level solutions, and manage all necessary activities to implement the display technologies into final products.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a world class display engineering team.
- Build relationships and work closely with industry partners to identify and develop new display technologies for virtual reality.
- Collaborate closely with internal (Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware, Graphics) teams and external partner teams on definition and execution of display roadmap.
- Drive identification, debugging, and solutions for engineering issues of display components, modules, and systems.
- 10+ years of display scientific or engineering work experience.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- Proven track of record on development and implementation of innovative LCD, AMOLED, or other display solutions for consumer electronics.
- Experience with at least one of the focus areas of display technology below:
- Component design.
- Optical simulation.
- Performance characterization.
- Pixel circuit and driving scheme.
- Display driver ICs and interface protocols.
- Panel and module manufacturing process.
- Organic patterning processes.
- Colorimetry and Radiometry.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 20% of the time).
- PhD or MS in Display Engineering, Materials Science, Optical Engineering, Physics or related field and/or equivalent experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top