Manager Dev Ops
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Manager Dev Ops who will own leading Building 8's software development operations activities. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead Building 8's SW Development Operations activities.
- Define process and best practices for reliable delivery of quality software.
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate engineering operations.
- Design, build, implement and support CI/CD framework.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Drive automation and reliability at all levels.
- Coordinate with the larger Facebook release engineering and infrastructure teams to support Building 8 capacity needs, tooling and other infrastructure support.
- Set project milestones and determine resource requirements.
- Lead DevOps engineers to achieve project milestones.
- Communicate work status regularly with clear articulation of design choices along the way.
- 10+ years of experience as a Technical lead or Manager for teams of 5 or more engineers.
- Communication experience including drafting reports, design notes, use cases, and acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Bash etc.
- Experience with setting up and supporting CI/CD for devices.
- Experience with build systems and release management tools (Git, Jenkins, Jira).
- Experience with SQL (MySQL).
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- PHP/Hack experience.
- M.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top