Manager, Decision Science
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Marketing team focuses on building Facebook brand presence, improving user sentiment and product education. It is an exciting time at Facebook Marketing because understanding people and connecting them to Facebook and our products (and vice versa) is crucial for future growth. We are seeking candidate who demonstrates remarkable ability to translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans and develop strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing and products teams. The ideal candidate will also have a strong management and leadership track record, proven hands-on experience in data manipulation, a passion for data, media and technology – with a hunger to make significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for Facebook is a must.
- Build, manage and develop a team of quantitative and highly skilled decision scientists
- Partner with marketing, research and product organizations to design, execute, measure and improve the impact of marketing efforts
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, user growth and engagement, and marketing effectiveness
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making. Analysis areas might include (but not limited to): retention, lifetime value, messaging, promotions, usage and engagement.
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key metrics and performance trends, and provide actionable insights to marketing leadership.
- Analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes.
- 7+ years of experience in data analysis
- 2+ years experience leading analytics, decision or data science team
- Proven experience in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing roadmaps
- Demonstrated success presenting complex research data in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Excellent statistical and data analysis/modeling skills (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.)
- Direct experience working with large data-sets
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, Matlab, or similar statistical packages
- Experience with Python, Hadoop/Hive, & SQL required
- Familiarity with survey research methods and considerations
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Master's or Doctorate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field is desired. MBA or Management consulting experience preferred.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top