Manager, Data Center Sourcing
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a leader for our Data Center Sourcing team. In this role you will be responsible for managing a team of experienced sourcing professionals who support the project procurement of advanced technologies in the Data Center infrastructure space. In partnership with the Data Center Sourcing Category Managers, you will own execution of the supply chain strategy balancing best cost, and speedy delivery of systems and products without compromising quality. The project sourcing team is responsible for the performance management and procurement execution of Critical Electrical and Mechanical Equipment, Cabling and Fiber Technology, and a wide variety of construction related and operational services. More than specific subject matter expertise, the successful candidate for this role will be highly adaptable, be able to glean advanced technologies in short order and have sound commercial skills in the areas of contracts, negotiation, sourcing and supplier management.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to scale the project sourcing team in support of the long range plans.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of sourcing professionals that are responsible for commercial ownership including negotiations, quality assurance, and supplier management in the Data Center space
- Lead the sourcing operations function that includes supply chain analytics, metrics, tools, risk assessment & mitigation plans.
- Partner with Category Managers in the negotiation and procurement strategy of equipment, commodity, and service agreements
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and find creative ways to overcome obstacles to ensure delivery of quality, schedule, and cost goals
- Drive scaling methodologies to drive efficiency and effectiveness of sourcing operations.
- Partner with Category Managers to develop and implement key performance indicators to track progress to key metrics & goals
- Highlight and drive opportunities for significant operational improvements and drive high impact initiatives with measurable results
- Identify and champion key Data Center Sourcing tooling needs and priorities
- Establish the Data Center sourcing team as the leader for all commercial engagements
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline required
- 15+ years of relevant experience in Data Center Infrastructure or equivalent construction procurement environment
- Prior experience negotiating with or the commercial management of general contractors, sub-contractors and equipment manufacturers
- Proven ability to move from strategy to execution and deliver results while managing multiple tasks
- Experience balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to influence cross functional teams
- Interpersonal and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational experience
- Action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Up to 25% travel required to review and coordinate various initiatives with onsite personnel and vendors
- Engineering experience in one or more of the following: Electrical and/or Mechanical systems and subsystems
- Advanced technical degree or MBA
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top