Manager, Community Operations Launches
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is seeking a Manager to join the Community Operations Team to enable operations support for the launch of new Facebook products and changes to existing products. The Product Launches Team ensures that we have sufficient operational support in place for all new products launched across the Facebook suite of apps. As the Manager of Product Launches in Community Operations, you will lead a team of Launch Specialists who work at the intersection of our global product, policy, community support, marketing, analytics, and protect & care engineering teams to define and drive new support strategies, and manage the end-to-end activities that allow us to build support for new products, enabling people to tell us when they are having negative experiences and when they need our help. You will understand the unique support challenges of emerging products, influence change, prioritize & negotiate trade-off decisions, and develop new support models while advocating for the needs for Community Operations to support all products successfully. You will grow and broaden the influence of the team, and ensure strong partnerships across all senior stakeholders.
This position is a full-time role located at Facebook's Menlo Park Headquarters.
- Provide leadership to a team of Community Operations Launch Specialists, driving professional development, teamwork, and accountability.
- Manage a large portfolio of new product launches that require support, drive operations assessment and prioritization across the portfolio, identify and communicate any dependencies, and highlight and help clear blocking issues.
- Develop support strategy for new types of products and design novel support experiences that challenge conventional support for new products at scale.
- Work with a global management team to deliver cohesive and coordinated support engagement strategies.
- Oversee the broader product discovery process to proactively identify new products and engage and educate product managers about community operations and the need for support.
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across all stakeholders (internal and external) as needed to ensure the right execution, communication and resources are in place to deliver on key milestones.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and Community Operations leadership to provide timely updates on the product launch portfolio. Ensure the right level of tracking and transparency on milestones is maintained.
- Set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals
- Supervise the active projects across the team to ensure they are tracking to committed goals/milestones
- Hire, train and develop talent
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and coaching/mentoring direct reports and others
- Experience leading global projects
- Must be a self-starter with ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple priorities and conflicting demands simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- 4+ years in a project management, management consulting, or similar strategic role.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and ability to influence multiple stakeholders at various levels and across functional boundaries.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with global or international operations across remote and matrixed teams
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- BA/BS degree required
- 8+ years of leadership experience in Operations, with expertise in the Product Launches Domain
- 3+ years of people management experience in leading high caliber teams
- Experience in direct consumer support operations
- SQL / Data skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top