Manager, Business Product Specialists
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a leader to manage Business Product Specialists within the Product & Service Operations (PSO) Business Product Specialist team.
The PSO team helps businesses through scaled service delivery & operations. We combine deep expertise in our products with operational and analytical skills to design and manage scalable processes that support millions of advertisers across dozens of complex products. Our unique view on both product and service allows us to partner with teams across Facebook to drive our business forward by representing the voice of the customer and combining quantitative with qualitative signals to drive product improvements and scale operations. PSO is made up of multiple teams that focus on alpha/beta product testing, operational and technical support for business products, data management, and scaling the process of measuring outcomes from Facebook media buys.
The Business Product Specialist team focuses on scaled issue resolution for Facebook's Ads and Business products and advocates for the voice of the advertiser and our Sales team to improve quality of our products. We partner closely with our Sales teams to give advertisers the best experience possible. And we rely on data and insights to work effectively with our Engineering and Product teams to build processes, techniques and tools and recommended improvements to our platform to reduce customer issues.
This individual will be responsible for leading teams across multiple business verticals that cover key Product Areas. They will be responsible for developing & managing the long-term strategy across business units, influencing and guiding the engagement and partnership strategy with key stakeholders, and identifying way to drive greater efficiency in our scaled operation through tools, process and automation. This individual will lead teams towards setting ambitious goals and ensure we maintain the right balance between scaled technical support operations, driving impact through data insights, and meeting the service needs for end clients on our products.
Candidates will be data driven, self-motivated, flexible to frequent changes and can think creatively to propose solutions and are passionate about problem solving. They will have led teams and will be able to demonstrate a sustained ability to hire and develop talent. This role requires organizational vision, exceptional influencing and motivating skills, strong communication skills, an analytical mindset, and a deep understanding of the advertiser experience. They will also be able to work successfully across teams and countries.
- Lead teams in improving Advertiser satisfaction by developing a strategy to drive down bug reports and end-to-end resolution time, reducing product confusion by Sales and end-advertisers
- Lead a team of Business Product Specialists across multiple offices
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across Facebook (Sales, Product, Marketing, Product Quality and Engineering)
- Lead team in identifying trends and key insights to drive impact to team goals, including user experience, bottom-line revenue, and operational efficiency
- Define processes to support the Business Product Specialist team in gathering insights around ads product use, stability and performance
- Build empathy and passion for the advertiser experience through partnership with Product and Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar)
- 10+ years of experience in consultancy/analytics or related industries
- 5+ years management experience
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Experience working directly with Sales, Product and Engineering leadership, advertisers, agencies and other advertising partners
- Knowledge of the advertising marketplace
- Experience making business decisions
- Experience communicating the results of analyses
- Knowledge about problem solving and the potential for new solutions that online marketing has created
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience in a manger role involving product management, strategy or operations
- Experience in a start-up environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top