Manager, Business Integrity Technical Solutions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We ensure our platform is a high quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. The Technical Solutions team within Business Integrity is an applications engineering team focused on solving for tools development or back-end infrastructure problems as well as implementing business rules through statistical analyses and investigations. We partner closely with product and software engineering teams to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. This position is located in our Austin, Texas office.
- Manage a small to medium-sized team of technical individuals
- Mentor the team in data analysis, optimization strategy and technical investigations
- Understand business needs and context to identify gaps and derive solutions leveraging tools and infrastructure knowledge
- Advocate for the team and align closely with cross-functional partners, driving towards common business and company goals
- Large scale data analysis, applying statistical methods and writing code for enforcement
- Use technical expertise to design scalable solutions that impact audience and advertiser behavior while balancing the effect of policy on our communities
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product and Software Engineering to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Self-identify gaps, problems, needs, and come up with robust solutions with relative independence
- 7+ years work experience including at least 4 years of direct people management with a focus on mentoring and coaching
- Programming experience with a modern language (PHP, Python, C++, Java or Haskell)
- Experience in SQL and data analysis with statistical focus
- Communication skills and proven experience as a leader
- Results-oriented, with prioritization skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with or in support of global communities
- Experience managing concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- BA or BS in Engineering or quantitative disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top