Manager, Asset Management Services
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader within the Supply Chain Asset Management space. This individual will lead Facebook's Infrastructure Asset Management Services function and will be the primary point of accountability for the lifecycle management of all Infrastructure hardware that supports various operations. This infrastructure includes data centers, points-of-presence (POPs), integrators, warehouses, third-party vendors, and other discrete locations at which Facebook material must be received, accounted for, placed into operation, and eventually removed.
As the Manager, Asset Management Services you will lead, coach, and set strategic direction for the Asset Management team to ensure complete accountability of all infrastructure equipment throughout their lifecycle (purchasing through disposals). Included in the scope of responsibilities is development and maintenance of asset management processes, policies, standards, systems and measurements/metrics that enable an organization to manage risk and business performance objectives.
The successful candidate will focus on successful asset onboarding and lifecycle management of an asset in Facebook's internal systems of record. This candidate must ensure very high data integrity of asset information across all systems and strict adherence to both internal and SOX controls, while helping scale operations and service offerings.
The candidate is required to have hands of experience shaping and implementing internal and SOX audits and scaling process controls in constantly changing environments.
This role will be required to work closely with cross-functional teams and across boundary organizations to gather requirements, define solutions, implement new processes and automation.
- Lead, coach and manage teams of talented and innovative logistics program managers responsible for asset lifecycle management of all Infrastructure equipment
- Understand and produce solutions to account for, and manage material throughout its life cycle throughout the globe
- Plan and drive program enhancements through defining, managing and optimizing logistics processes
- Build and maintain strong business relationships by engaging partners and stakeholders to understand ongoing needs, challenges and priorities
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive change and influence key outcomes to accomplish business objectives
- Assist in managing the internal and third party audit teams as they test control design and effectiveness
- ensuring testing plans are appropriate, control activities are accurate, and findings resolved
- Develop and shape policy controls and provide feedback to business process owners on improvements and ensure documentation standards are met
- Work closely with business process owners, SOX PMO and Internal Audit on implementation, execution and compliance with Asset Management key controls
- Participate in AM risk assessment reviews to support development of new and/or modification of existing application. Support operational controls for new and emerging areas of risk
- Work on ad hoc projects and participate in various business initiatives to assess the impact to the internal controls environment
- Influence and assist business/process owners to close gaps in their controls and adopt processes that will help scale the business in a compliant manner. Support business stakeholders with training programs
- Able to travel 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related business field along with 5+ years experience in business analysis/program management
- Experience with Inventory management, capital asset management, warehousing and distribution, logistics operations, logistics/supply chain sourcing, Material Management and planning and related systems and tools that support them
- 10+ years experience leading and managing a team in a senior role
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed cross-functional teams to implement logistics processes and programs
- Experience with procure-to-pay systems, hardware asset management, data center logistics operations, compliance and controls
- Deep understanding of business objectives and risks associated with a Software and Cloud company, and demonstrated execution of operational audits across Business Operations, Finance, Compliance, Sales, IT and Cybersecurity functions
- Experience in performing Internal Audit's annual planning process and demonstrated knowledge of leading risk management and assessment practices
- Advanced understanding of business process and internal control and the demonstrated experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of process and controls by considering relevant risks
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of 10+ individuals, and project managing multiple audit engagements at one time
- Strong leadership skills, strategic, analytical, problem solving & decision-making. Works under minimal direction
Back to top