Manager - Application Security
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Product Security team is responsible for the code level security of Facebook. We perform this mission via finding, fixing and preventing security flaws across the Facebook family of products, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus. On the Product Security Assessments and Analysis teams we build the tools and run the programs that eliminate security bugs in code. Beyond simply pointing out issues, we solve problems through close partnership with product teams and our secure framework and security analysis teams. As such, we are looking for a leader with strong leadership skills, a background in product/application security, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment. They should be comfortable working across the company and enjoy finding innovative ways to mitigate risk while protecting billions of Facebook users.
- Support a team of highly capable engineers that help product and infrastructure keep their code free from security bugs
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it, and evaluate the team's performance
- Partner with engineering leaders across the company to help them prioritize security issues in their products and balance business goals
- Lead effectively through outcomes instead of tasks
- 8+ years of work experience in software or security engineering, including 3+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of software engineers and software engineering managers
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Technical experience across security disciplines - web applications, mobile, infrastructure, etc.
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders and business leaders
- Coding experience in at least one language (even if it is not one that Facebook uses)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Background in automated program analysis
- Experience running operational teams
Back to top