Manager Application Development, Salesforce
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Application Development leaders at Facebook are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. They have also kept their coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment and for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations.
The role is a full-time position, based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on application developer and an effective people manager.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a salesforce platform subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Work with product managers and UX design teams to design and develop front-end interfaces, underlying APIs, and backend systems across different programming languages to drive strategic value through custom applications built on force.com.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of developers
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- 5+ years of experience developing business applications on force.com
- 5+ years of experience in Visualforce/Apex incorporating JS frameworks like React, Bootstrap or Angular
- 3+ years of experience with salesforce, Web Services APIs, force.com, SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- Coding development background in one of the following languages: C++, Java, and/or PHP
Back to top