Manager, Analytics Software Solutions
Facebook is seeking an experienced Manager to lead the Analytics Solutions Software Development team within the Infra Data Center (IDC) Data Science organization. This IDC Data science org owns the data engineering, business intelligence, advanced analytics and software solutions for the entire Infrastructure Data Center organization. The Manager will build, lead and develop a team of Analytics Solutions Software Developers who are full-stack backend and frontend developers. The team will be focused on building analytical solutions in partnership with our core data science team. Prior knowledge in data analytics is a plus. Help build Facebook's world class data centers & empower them with ML/AI driven tools in partnership with our core data science team to allow our facilities and sites to become autonomous and better serve over 2.5 billion people globally!
MANAGER, ANALYTICS SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help plan, design, build and operate our data centers through automation of analytical software solutions utilizing large volumes of mission-critical data, to analyze trends, surface anomalies, optimize complex logistics & operations. All while using the latest big data technologies, programming languages, frameworks and open-source libraries.
- Build, lead and develop the Analytics Solutions Software Development team of individual contributors ranging from less experienced to very experienced full-stack engineers.
- Form strong partnerships across the IDC org to collaborate and deploy data analytics product solutions and overall productivity tools.
- Partner with multiple cross-functional teams in order to define problem statements, design & build solutions and implement them.
- Identify and implement streamlined processes tooling and solution intakes and create a roadmap of deliverables.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to members of cross-functional teams.
- Oversee development and implement productivity software tools based on data analytics which allow our data center pre-ops and operations teams to be more efficient in planning, designing, building and operating the data centers.
- Oversee development of software solutions and integrate them with advanced analytical models built by the core data science team and deploy them in the IDC operations.
- Help scale and optimize our overall data center capacity by developing cutting edge tools which improve efficiency and bring automation to our data centers.
- Partner with the operational & engineering teams in order to implement, verify and iterate on the analytical solutions being developed.
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed, in support of Facebook's Infrastructure strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other related technical field
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and hands-on people management in a matrixed organization
- Database experience
- System design experience (data modeling, data structures, BE Design and complexity considerations)
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects
- Experience mentoring individual contributors
- Experience communicating software solutions to all organizational levels
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Informations Systems or other technical or engineering field
- Experience in HDFS, Hive
- MySQL experience
- Hands-on experience with datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation)
- Experience with big data and statistics
- Experience with algorithms and optimization
- Technical knowledge of data center operations
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Architect, Data Center Design
- Data Center Capacity Analyst
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Data Engineer
Seattle, WA + 1 More
- Director, Data Center Facility Operations - West
Los Lunas, NM + 20 More
- Software Developer, Analytics Solutions
Seattle, WA + 1 More
- Sourcing Manager, Storage
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top