Manager, Ads Technical Program Management (TPM)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager for the Ads Technical Program Management (TPM) team with experiencing growing the ads business. The TPM Manager will partner with the Ads Growth & Solutions organization whose responsibilities include the People Management and influencing advertiser growth. TPM managers will work with Technical Program Managers by guiding them to go deep on learning their teams' systems and leveraging their technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. Ads TPMs work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Technical Program Management Director.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage 6 - 8 direct reports.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to support org-level strategic planning and execution.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives across the ads team.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for program requirements and scope.
- Work with PM and Engineering to define team needs.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Experience managing 8 direct reports at a minimum.
- Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- Two or more years of online advertising experience.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager.
- 4+ years experience as a People Manager.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional team.
- Organizational, coordination, and multitasking experience.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
Back to top