Manager, Access Management
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a global company that is unique in the world, Facebook faces a unique set of threats to its products and infrastructure. From nation states to financial threat actors, Facebook has to defend itself from a variety of threats that try to take advantage of our employees, infrastructure, and products. The Manager, Access Management on our Information Security Policy, Access, Risk, and Compliance (SPARC) team is a key leadership position within the Facebook Security organization that is responsible for managing the team responsible for driving the access management strategy across Facebook.This role leads members of a team of security professionals focusing on access management strategy, implementation, and supporting operational activities. As a successful candidate, you will use your strong leadership skills, your well rounded technical security experience, and your knack for access management principles when partnering with SPARC's functional areas, the Security organization, and the company. You will be able to motivate a high performing team that is bold, innovative, and technically skilled. You will be an effective and polished communicator regardless of audience or medium to communicate with key senior executives, external regulators, and the public; have technical breadth, depth, and business acumen; able to explain complex security issues and articulate Facebook's threats to inspire and influence company-wide decisions. You will be a sound decision maker and rationalize between difficult choices on technical merit, real world risks, and what is pragmatic for Facebook.
- Understand technical implementation details necessary within Facebook's complex technical environments to assess general and situational Information Security risk to support access management strategies
- Lead, professionally grow, and retain a global team of security professionals passionate about researching, developing, and supporting company-wide security capabilities, especially those dealing with access management while empowering Facebook's rapid innovation and growth
- Support team's development and execution of a strategic plans across access management and SPARC
- Support team in developing function specific goals and contribute to organizational wide goals, team budget, status reports and metrics
- Collaborate with team and internal stakeholders to define and drive the access management strategy
- Partner with leaders across the company to ensure that efforts receive appropriate prioritization and cross-functional resources
- Support the team to develop and communicate policies, procedures, guidelines, and plans to internal stakeholders regarding access management
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical management, experience leading a breadth of global Information Security functions, and proven ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels
- Experience leading Information Security teams
- 7+ years of global team, people management, and organizational leadership experience
- 3+ years experience leading other people managers
- Understanding of risk management and Information Security strategy, practices, and technologies, and tools
- Experience developing and producing security metrics and reports
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work and communicate at executive levels
- Conceptual, critical thinking, with strategic orientation and ability to perform tactically
- Experience providing technical knowledge appropriate to delivery of security and access protections
- Knowledge and understanding of pragmatic security controls across all security domains such as access management, encryption methods, vulnerability management, network security, etc.
- Technical understanding of applications, networks, and databases
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as ISO 27001/2, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and Center for Internet Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense as examples
- Communication skills
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (e.g. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top