Manager â€" Network Investments.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of usâ€"and we're just getting started.
Facebook operates one of the largest and fastest growing fibre networks in the world. The EMEA Backbone Sourcing team is responsible to deliver backbone fibre capacity for our production network supporting all products, including Facebook Newsfeed, Live, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, and more. We are looking for the right person to lead a team of talented network professionals to engage with partners to identify and solve a wide array of challenges in both developed and emerging markets. Our goals are to enable massive scalability, great reliability, and fantastic performance, in an efficient manner.
The right leader for this role will be strategic, creative, technical, collaborative, and able to bring together competing objectives and demands in a manner that maximizes the impact for our customers and the company. This role is a leadership role and must inspire cross functional teams to meet the needs of the business. Most of all, the right leader will develop and implement a strategy for the region that includes big bets and market disruption. This position is full time and based in our London office and will report directly to the Director â€" Network Investments..
- Build the strategy to develop or acquire network to meet our fast-growing demand.
- Analyse market to identify strategic opportunities, risks, changes, and benchmarks.
- Create and develop business partnerships and relationships to deliver support for our production network and broader internet connectivity, particularly in developing markets.
- Develop subsea cables covering the entire EMEA region â€" connecting India, Africa, and North America to Europe.
- Provide office leadership for the broader London network team and directly manage and development the EMEA Network Investments team.
- Deliver network to support Facebook needs for capacity, reliability, and performance.
- 6+ years of experience building, developing, and managing network strategy teams
- 6+ years of experience in network acquisition and development
- Solid understanding of fiber infrastructure fundamentals related to both terrestrial and submarine networks
- Analytical and data driven bias, evidenced by experience of partner negotiations in telecommunications
- B.S. or B.A. in Engineering/Computer Science, a relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Willing to travel
Back to top