(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a malware researcher to work with the eCrime Team. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for researching and analyzing malware to support cybercrime investigations. The candidate will have the opportunity to work side by side with engineers and investigators in electronic crime investigations and open source intelligence gathering. This position will be located at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California.
- Conduct targeted research into malware impacting Facebook, its subsidiaries and related customers
- Work with team members to devise malware mitigation strategies
- Manage multiple research projects at once while effectively prioritizing time based on team priorities
- Document all investigative research for consumption by other team members and management
- Work very closely with the rest of the technical investigations staff and other teams within the company
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 2 years or more of malware research experience and/or GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware Certification
- Experience researching malware infrastructure and devising disruption tactics
- Knowledge of a variety of Internet research tools
- Knowledge of spam and instant messaging attacks
- Knowledge of network security and cryptography
- Knowledge of using and writing scripts to support analysis tasks
- Experience with malware that affects web browsers
- Knowledge of Web-oriented programming languages: HTML, JS, and PHP
- Communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Involvement in industry working groups
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top