Machine Learning Software Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. We are looking for an Engineering Lead for developing product software that leverages innovative hardware and cloud services. The ideal candidate will have strong full-stack experience developing rich and intuitive consumer-facing products.This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of ML-related coding projects
- Adapt machine learning techniques from domains such as Vision and Speech to build intelligent user experiences
- Develop optimized software to run on variety of platforms and environments including mobile, tablet and laptops.
- Work with product managers to define use cases, and develop methodology and benchmarks to evaluate different approaches
- M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in applying machine learning techniques to computer vision and speech recognition domains.
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, and Python
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top