Machine Learning Engineers & Scientists, Facebook Conversational AI
- Redmond, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Conversational AI team builds and AI assistant technologies across Facebook's AR/VR products including Portal, Oculus and future innovations. Our mission is to develop natural ways for people to connect with what is most meaningful to them. We work on unique challenges from both a product and research perspective, including Natural Language Understanding, Natural Language Generation, Question & Answering, Dialog Management, Multimodal Understanding, Proactive, and Knowledge Graph. Our team has built technologies for Portal devices, Oculus headsets, and built M, Messenger's in-thread assistant that proactively recommends suggestions to billions of users that use Facebook Messenger every month.We are looking for Machine Learning Engineers & Research Scientists to join our Conversational AI Group. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing Dialog systems, a strong knowledge of ML, NLP and neural networks, and have experience working with massive amounts of data. They should also have strong software engineering skills and the ability to build systems that reach Facebook scale.
- Conduct research to advance the state-of-the-art in neural networks especially in the context of Dialog Systems
- Utilize that research to develop and deploy scalable neural network models into production to impact billions of people using Facebook
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Apply expert coding skills to platform development projects in partnership with other engineers
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms for training competitive, state-of-the-art models while make the best use of modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, GPU)
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or similar
- 2+ years of work experience in building production Machine Learning systems
- Experienced with deep learning methods and neural networks in PyTorch, Tensorflow or MxNet
- Experience in C++ and Python
- PhD with 1+ years of experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Dialog Systems, specifically Natural Language Understanding, Dialog Management, Natural Language Generation, and Question Answering
- 3+ years of experience in building large-scale ML systems from researching a prototype to production
- Experience with bring academic research to industry applications
- Experienced with large-scale noisy data collection and analysis
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top