Machine Learning Engineer (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA - Redmond, WA - Sausalito, CA - Zurich, Switzerland)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer to solve new and emerging technical challenges related to human interaction in VR. The Oculus Vision team applies a range of software engineering and machine learning techniques to build products that enable new ways for people to connect and share experiences. Our team is addressing a variety of technical challenges in the areas of real-time 3D hand, face, eye and body tracking, leveraging deep convolutional and recurrent neural networks. We're looking for candidates who share a passion for exploring and solving complex, unsolved problems in machine learning and VR. Open positions are based in Menlo Park, Sausalito, Redmond and Zurich.
- Develop novel algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Apply software development skills to a wide range of machine learning and computer vision-related projects
- Conceive proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Analyze and improve various deployed systems
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production to advance the entire project
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook and Oculus product development
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- 3+ years' experience applying machine learning techniques to computer vision
- 3+ years' experience developing and debugging in C++
- Experience with Bayesian filtering, information theory and 3D geometry
- Understanding of applied mathematics and numerical optimization
- Prototyping skills
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- Experience with real-time object tracking
- Experience training deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks
- Experience with CPU/GPU optimization
- Proven publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top