Machine Learning Engineer
Facebook is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our Express WiFi team in Israel (https://expresswifi.fb.com), and play an active role in advancing the tools we provide to our ecosystem of mobile network operators and internet service providers to help them better provide fast, affordable, reliable, and scalable internet access in low-connectivity areas.
This senior engineer will be tasked with establishing the roadmap of ML efforts for this team through building ML-based systems, tools, and services that generate usage-based insights and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of different Machine Learning disciplines, e.g. time series, anomaly detection, recommender systems, and others. S/he will have experience working with large data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making.
As a strong software leader and an expert in building complex systems, they will be responsible for inventing how we use technology, Machine Learning, and Data to harness Facebook's efficiency in that domain. They will wear multiple hats, including entrepreneur, product manager, project manager, business analyst, and even scrum master for data products and solutions. They will be bridging the gap between business and engineering, and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
They will also enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. They will make a real and meaningful impact on the world.
This position is located in our Tel Aviv office.
MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the System team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Experience in the domains of recommender systems
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top