Machine Learning Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our Fraud Prevention team in Israel, and play an active role in protecting our 2B users across the globe. We prevent fraud by using advanced detection tools that scan billions of data points to identify signs of activities that violate our policies.
This senior engineer will be tasked with establishing the ML efforts for this team through building ML-based systems, tools, and services that generate insights about fraud patterns and develop detection capabilities and decision policies to prevent them.
The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of different Machine Learning disciplines, e.g. anomaly detection, fraud detection, spam detection and others. S/he will have experience working with large data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making related to fraud prevention, adversarial environments and risk analysis.
As a strong software leader and an expert in building complex systems, they will be responsible for inventing how we use technology, Machine Learning, and Data to harness Facebook's efficiency in that domain. They will wear multiple hats, including entrepreneur, people leader, product manager, project manager, business analyst, and even scrum master for data products and solutions. They will be bridging the gap between business and engineering, and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
They will also enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. They will make a real and meaningful impact on the world.
This position is located in our Tel Aviv office.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the System team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Experience in the domains of security, fraud or risk analysis
Back to top