Machine Learning Engineer
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data.AI engineering team in Israel. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of different Machine Learning disciplines, e.g. Anomaly Detection, payment fraud, fraud detection, search ranking, text/sentiment classification, spam detection and others. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive social data and prediction problems that exist on the web. Data.AI is a group within Facebook Infrastructure org that is exploring the next evolution of Data and Machine Learning. We all know that having masses of data opens a new and exciting set of possibilities in the world of ML, we constantly seek to find what value can we create at the intersection of Data & AI. We are looking for a senior engineer to establish the ML effort for our team in Israel, building ML-based systems, tools, and services that serve as infrastructure for practically everyone in Facebook. As a strong software leader and an expert in building complex systems, you will be responsible for inventing how we use technology, Machine Learning, and Data to enable the productivity of Facebook. You will help envision, build, deploy and develop our next generation of data engines and tools at Facebook's scale. You'll wear multiple hats, including entrepreneur, people leader, product manager, project manager, business analyst, and even scrum master for data products and solutions. You will be bridging the gap between business and engineering, and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the System team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top