Long Term Forecasting Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
This role will focus on long-term forecasting for Community Operations, a multi- thousand headcount operation spread across a broad global footprint. You will partner closely with a variety of teams including Operations, Workforce Management, Recruiting, Finance, Facilities, and Data & Analytics teams to create, analyze, and inform the strategic long-term forecasting and planning with insights and trends. You will then prepare analyses for executive consumption to steer key business decisions.
This role is based in Dublin.
- Create the long-term forecast for all community operations support teams using statistical methods
- Collect, consolidate, and analyze operational data, including preparing internal reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast versus actual variances
- Partner closely with multiple cross-functional teams to understand capacity, headcount, location strategy, operations performance, volumes, arrival patterns, handling times and drivers into the long-term forecast
- Partner with other Capacity Planning Specialists to support the sizing and scoping of new investments and provide analytical support to internal teams for initiatives and special projects as needed, such as launches of new products/workflows
- Review data to help in identification of flow and system deficiencies and work with internal process owners to streamline for continuous improvement
- Develop and implement comprehensive and consistent strategies, tools, and processes related to capacity planning and workload forecasting
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of forecasting or statistics experience in FP&A, Capacity Planning, Finance, or Workforce Management
- Experience in capacity planning, long-term forecasting, and workload distribution
- Experience in Excel for data organization and analysis
- Experience in project/program management, process development, data modeling, or consulting
- Experience communicating with a variety of audiences and engage and influence stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative field
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience with Aspect WFM Software
- Experience with PowerPoint ,Tableau, or SQL
- Interest in working on behalf of the Facebook community to create a better user experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top