Logistics Systems Analyst
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Logistics Systems Analyst to assist in design and deployment of scalable and efficient tools that support all aspects of our logistics/supply chain operations. This role requires a full understanding of procure-to-pay, logistics, asset management, inventory management, receiving, distribution and transportation. This role will be required to work closely with cross-functional teams and across boundary organizations to gather requirements, define solutions, implement new tools and process, and provide ongoing support to these teams.
- Partner with the business and developers to build custom in-house inventory tooling and systems for data center logistics.
- Manage project initiation, deployment and post production support.
- Proactively and continuously look for systematic and data integrity issues across multiple systems to prioritize and fix.
- Work closely with developers to understand data structures, data sources and systematic processes during system development.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to assist with best practices and to ensure end-to-end process and tooling consistency.
- Develop, build, and maintain reports and dashboards that contain actionable metrics to monitor the performance of our operations.
- Work with internal business groups to acquire a deep understanding of their processes and operations.
- Manage task queue to triage and resolve issues and engage with cross-functional teams as needed for resolution.
- Partner with teams to establish logistics processes to improve for data center operations focusing on scale, efficiency, and automation.
- Lead sessions to identify process inefficiencies, gather business requirements, partner with development teams to manage deliverables, testing and validation, roll-out and training, and triage and resolution of issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience building scalable tools for logistics and inventory management.
- Detailed knowledge of supply chain and inventory management processes.
- Experience juggling multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience documenting designs from both business and systems perspectives.
- Experience explaining technical issues to both technical and business partners.
- Experience in data analytics and capable of digging into data.
- Experience reading and understanding PHP or Hack.
- Experience with reading and writing SQL.
- Systems background related to supply chain and relational databases.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, with a demonstrable bias toward action.
- Experience collaborating cross functionally with other geographies.
Back to top