Logistics Program Manager (Best Practices)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook Infrastructure Business Operations (IBOS) is seeking an experienced Logistics Program Manager, to focus on Data Centre, PoP Network, Warehouse & Distribution operational processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the EMEA Operations Team, Global Field Leads & Logistics Managers along with key Vendor Leadership/Personnel in helping to develop and implement consistent processes, analytics and visibility measurements with particular emphasis on striving for greater consistency in Infrastructure Inventory Control. This is a highly influential position, which requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, a natural orientation to process analysis and optimisation, the understanding of logistics processes and systems, and experience with data analysis and project management.
- Develop, refine and maintain documentation that captures and promulgates the processes and policies for executing safe, effective logistics operations in Facebook Data Centres.
- Identify gaps in operations and drive consistency across Data Centre locations
- take the lead in developing shared solutions to identified inconsistencies.
- Support improving operational and system gaps from the various warehouse and vendor entities to meet all compliance requirements.
- Raise the visibility of Internal Customer issues that require better systemic controls for the development of improved tooling & processes.
- Work with EMEA IBOS Team, Vendors and Contractors to develop and execute action plans in the implementation of new tooling & processes.
- Develop a dynamic logistics operations assessment program to ensure consistent implementation and sustainment of processes across all infrastructure entities.
- Generate metrics highlighting performance and trends within IBOS scope (Data Centres, PoP Locations, Warehouses, etc)
- measure & evaluate process compliance and logistics operations performance.
- Support the execution of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, analyse discrepancies and help cross-functional partner teams develop root cause corrective actions and trend improvements.
- University or College Degree with focus on Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in operations, inventory management, distribution, logistics or similar
- emphasis on business analysis/program management.
- Strong skills in As-is/to-be Business process mapping, gap analysis, requirements elicitation and data analysis.
- Experienced in cross-functional collaboration across multiple teams.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Comfortable handling PgM responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting).
- Proficiency with systems - Oracle, Excel or any other analytics tools.
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Supply Chain process understanding of Procure to Pay/Source to Pay.
- Quick learner, positive attitude, and customer-service focused.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top