Logistics Process & Systems Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Logistics leader to assist in design and deployment of scalable and efficient processes and tools that support all aspects of our logistics/supply chain operations of goods and services for Facebook infrastructure. This role requires a full understanding of procure to pay, logistics asset management and lifecycle, inventory management, receiving, distribution and transportation of IT goods. Additionally, the role supports the expansion and operation of Facebook and its apps network within LATAM region, with focus on Brazil. The successful candidate will work closely with cross functional teams and across organizations to gather requirements, define solutions, implement new tools and process, and provide ongoing support to these teams.
- Partner with infrastructure teams and central support teams such as tax, accounting, trade and customs compliance to establish logistics process and systems to enable, scale and automate operations and goods movements across LATAM region, locally and internationally
- Strategize and manage the logistics aspects of project deployments of new points of presence (POPs) and other network facilities such as miniData Center or Data Centers that may deploy in LATAM region
- Be actively involved in the daily activities of logistics process, such as supervising the activities of local logistics partners, removing roadblocks with accommodation of legal requirements (i.e. compliance with Nota Fiscal requirements in Brazil and other government systems and reporting requirements for LATAM)
- Lead sessions to identify process inefficiencies, gather business requirements, partner with development teams to manage deliverables, testing and validation, roll-out and training, and triage and resolution of issues
- Develop, build, and maintain reports and dashboards that contain actionable metrics to monitor the performance of our operations
- Maintain data integrity across multiple systems and identify and resolve inconsistencies.
- Manage task queue to triage and resolve issues and engage with cross-functional teams as needed for resolution
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to assist with best practices and to ensure end-to-end process and tool consistency
- Work with internal business groups to acquire a deep understanding of their processes and operations
- Support global process and systems strategy, design and implementation of supply chain/logistics tools
- Responsible for proactive implementation of enhancements/modifications as they relate to long term strategies and short term tactical initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring effective data solutions supporting supply chain management, data base management, and set up requirements relating to Supply Chain and Operations
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, SCM, Management Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years of experience of Logistics, inventory management, operations management or project management building scalable process and tools
- Experienced with ERP, PLM, and other systems, tools
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Effective communication skills, and ability in explaining technical issues to both technical and business partners
- Ability to think strategically with a hands-on approach. At Facebook, nothing is someone else's work
- Experience in developing metrics, data sources and reporting
- Experience in data analytics and capable of digging into data
- Experience working in operations or operations tooling/ticketing systems
- Logistics/Supply chain domain expertise
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top