Logistics & Fulfillment Manager, Europe
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Logistics & Fulfillment Manager will drive and enable AR/VR research and business through the establishment and management of best-in-class global supply chain logistics and fulfillment practices in Europe. They will manage cost, quality and performance to meet business goals, targets and budgets, and work with XFN teams within AR/VR and Facebook to drive E2E speed, efficiency, flexibility, and scalability for customers, consumers and supply chain. Furthermore, they will offer thought leadership, and help frame the complex into the simple.
- Operations Management
- Manage EU logistics and fulfillment operations in Europe. Co-create and execute best practices and standardized procedures.
- Develop new capabilities to fulfill business requirements. Ensure executable solutions are "right-sized" for speed, scalability, and repeatability.
XFN Collaboration / Communication
- Collaborate and align with functional subject matter experts (Global Trade Operations/Compliance and Global Supply Chain Security) to ensure operational compliance, integrated planning and execution. Leverage organizational expertise and bandwidth.
E2E Vendor Management
- Lead local/regional logistics sourcing events in line with global direction. Manage RFP/RFQs including negotiation of pricing and critical contract terms. Prepare supplier selection recommendation and business cases. Drive supplier on-boarding and implementations.
- Execute and manage high quality vendor relationships. Ensure service agreement requirements are administered and enforced. Drive continuous improvement initiatives to lower costs, improve service levels and reduce lead times.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Manage regional activities to meet new product introduction (NPI) needs and mass production launch schedules.
- Oversee, measure and control processes and performance. Document and train others on regional and global process.
- Intensively engage with cross-function key stakeholders to comprehend business strategy and assess for development of logistics & fulfillment requirements. Collaborate to translate strategic priorities to goals, recommend & execute on continuous operational efficiencies.
- Establish and manage relationships with 3rd Party Service Providers.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition. Track and analyze metric trends to ensure results and propose operation and/or cost optimization.
- Support design and creation of simple, scalable reporting, including at the executive-level.
- Deep dive on exception/escalation management to drive speedy resolution and service recovery
- Assist with the management of expenses and annual budget development.
- Exhibit transformational leadership qualities needed to motivate and engage the XFN organization by influencing behaviors toward a shared vision.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Facebook policies, procedures and safety rules
- Proven experience designing, establishing and managing global strategic supply chain functions within growing, matrixed organizations
- Possess competency and in-depth knowledge of transportation, fulfillment, customs serving internal customers as well as B2B and B2C
- Understands E2E business strategy, process and operations
- can identify issues, risks, and opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Ability to conduct and summarize, clearly and concisely, analytical results and explain the meaning and implications, in varying levels of detail
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with multiple stakeholders within and across functions as well as with suppliers and partners.
- Ability to effectively persuade and influence
- Ability to work well independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality, accurate outputs. Proven change management record
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, frequently changing environment
- Ability to think outside-the-box to solve problems.
- Possesses project/program management and organizational skills
- Presentation skills.
- Resourceful and well-connected within logistics marketplace and industry circles
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- Experience with Oracle systems preferred
Back to top