Logistic & Fulfillment Manager, Building 8 (Hong Kong)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Logistics & Fulfillment Team is responsible to evaluate, design, recommend and implement Logistics & Fulfillment solutions that enables Building 8 to deliver seamlessly and offering incredible experience to end-Customers.Building 8 seeks a Logistics/Fulfillment Manager to lead and drive implementation of best-in-class Logistics & Fulfillment operation that delivers products with superb performance quality.This role requires an aggressive, creative and result-oriented individual with solid experience and highly competent tactical skills to drive impact to logistics & fulfillment standards. As the Logistics & Fulfillment Manager for B8, you shall lead in managing activities to meet product launch schedules, coordinating with team members on key activity deadlines, identify risks and communicate with Project stakeholders.This role requires an aggressive individual with solid experience and strong tactical skills who is capable to lead and oversee local/regional logistics sourcing events through working with regional operation leads to drive supplier on-boarding and implementation project.In alignment with organization goals, the candidate would develop supplier strategy, long-range plans, global network optimization and build supplier relationship around freight transportation and hub service providers.This role has overall accountability of logistics service procurement, cost and performance quality and logistics readiness to meet business goals.This is a full-time role based at Facebook Hong Kong office.
- Develop, design and define Logistics & Fulfillment Network in alignment with business plan of record.
- Responsible for Logistics Operation and drive best practices and standardized procedures.
- Deep dive on operation exception and/or escalation to drive speedy resolution and service recovery to mitigate impact to fulfillment performance.
- Lead procurement events and manage RFP/RFQ including negotiation of pricing and critical contract terms.
- Prepare supplier selection recommendation proposal and present to key stakeholders.
- Ensure service agreement requirements are administered and enforced.
- Establish relationship towards 3rd Party Logistics Service Providers to drive cost and quality performance are aligned to business goals.
- Lead in conducting performance metrics review with 3rd Party Logistics Service Providers including driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drive actions to align on business requirements such as new process set-up, pilot run and logistics readiness to product launch.
- Collaborate with Functional Subject Matter Experts such as Global Trade Compliance, Global Supply Chain Security to ensure operation compliance.
- Track and analyze metrics trends to propose operation and/or cost optimization.
- Intensively engage with cross-function key stakeholders to comprehend business strategy and assess for development of logistics & fulfillment requirements.
- Interface and actively engage with cross function leads such as Supply Chain IT, S&OP, Go-To-Market teams on Project Plan align business requirements from Fulfillment, Logistics and Transportation operation perspective.
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field
- 10 years of experience in managing international logistics, global transportation and fulfillment/distribution operation (B2B and B2C)
- Solid competencies and in-depth knowledge on Procurement Practices, Process and Supplier Selection Tool, 3PL Partner Management, global trade compliance and Supply Chain Security principles.
- Experienced in managing Programs/Projects of Procurement or Sourcing Events, Contract Negotiations with strategic thinking, strong tactical planning and result oriented.
- Strong communication/relationship-building skills
- excellent presentation, negotiating and influencing skills
- presents service-oriented attitude and a team player
- Excellent time management skills with ability to cope with rapid response to priority changes and deadlines.
- Periodic travel is required including visits to Service Providers' sites/locations for audits.
- Solid practical and hands-on experience on Global Logistics, Global Transportation and Fulfillment Operation.
- Strong background Freight/Logistics/3PL Service Procurement and resourceful in developing logistics solution.
- Deep knowledge of Global Trade, Import/Export and Compliance Regulations
- Solid experience in managing strategic partnership with leading service providers.
- Excellent Project/Program Management with critical thinking and strong organizational skills in managing project timelines.
- Resourceful and well connected on updates on logistics market place.
- Highly motivated with strong drive for results and achievement of targets
- Good in building strong and effective relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to respond rapidly and professionally to dynamic business environment
- Competency to develop processes and/or initiate requirements to meet project goals
- Self-disciplined in managing tasks to achieve results with minimum supervision.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top